Feuerhand 270 Superflam (glass with two logos)

• Good afternoon Everyone,

I am totally new at the forum. I am here I heard I will find the answer to my question... I have just bought Feuerhand 270 Superflam with a very specific glass which has two logos - oryginally Feuerhand sign and remark which is specific for HASAG lamps.

Could you tell me what is the background of the issue.

Martin from France - Strasbourg (oryginally from Poland)

• Hello Jurij80,

before the Nier company made a contract with Schott & Genossen,Jena in 1933 they worked together with the company Gebrüder Putzler:

The Nier company was not so satisfied about the qualtity of this glass that they ceased the relationship. The Putzler company worked also close together with the Fr. Stübgen company at Erfurt and also with Fröhlich & Wolter, Beierfeld. This trade mark is not specific for the Hasag company only.

Kind regards

Jörg

• Yes.

To be clearer: the second, printed logo does not stand for the manufacturer of the lantern, but for the manufacturer of the glass only. For the same reason, the glasses of the HASAG lanterns usually have two logos. The HASAG logo of the lantern manufacturer and the Indifferent logo of the glass manufacturer.

This procedure was also maintained later, but as a rule both logos were integrated into a common imprint, which was more efficient. See Schott / Feuerhand or Auer/Feuerhand.