Ehrich and Graetz Brass Oil Lamps

• I do not read or speak German, but I have a pair of Ehrich and Graetz brass oil lamps that I wish to sell, but need information on them. Filler caps read WUNDERLAMPE and adjustment knob for wick reads SHULTZ MARKE. When and where were they made? any thought about their value? Have used them a few times at dinner parties and they are in very workable condition.

• Hello, the members of this forum usually don't like to give help for selling lamps. And valuations are not done here at all. This being said, I think that this is a very nice pair of lamps. As you have already found out, this type of lamp is called "Wunderlampe". These lamps were made by several manufacturers, one among them Erich & Graetz.

-------------------------------------------

Grüße aus dem Ruhrgebiet

Carsten

• There stuck wrong cylinders on the lamps. "Matador" cylinders belong there.

Construction Period: Sometime between 1900 and 1940.

"Schutzmarke" means:"Registered trademark".

No statements about the value of such or similar items are given here in the forum.

:)

Gruss aus dem "Bayerischen Nizza"
    Rüdiger II.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    So ist das halt mit dem Licht: Mal brennt es und mal brennt es nicht ...
    ALLE haben immer gesagt: DAS GEHT NICHT.
    Dann kam EINER, der wußte nix davon und HAT'S einfach GEMACHT.

| In der Theorie gibt es keinen Unterschied zwischen Theorie und Praxis, in der Praxis schon. |

• Thank you so much and I hope I haven't offended Forum members by inquiring about value. Being new and not understanding much of what's on the Forum because of not knowing the German language I didn't know the protocol. So backing up, if I could get information on when the lamps may have been made and where they were manufactured that would be most helpful. From what I have been able to find, it appears they were made between 1866 and 1900 and probably in Berlin. There was a posting on the Forum on May 25, 2009 which included a picture of a lamp that looked almost identical.

• Phaidros. Have not received private message. Perhaps because I am unfamiliar with Forum and how to retrieve. I don't mind sharing my email address here in the US with you:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von d5506fahrer () aus folgendem Grund: Edit by Mod: E-Mail-Adress deleted.