Feuerhand 276 sturmkappe

• Hello,

i think it should be probably from after 1958 an before 1972.

Could you show a picture from the top view?

Are there numbers embossed at the foldet part beside to the "sturmkappe" ("extra attachment to the arm")?

Regards - Steven

• This is an original, optionally available side bracket for mounting on handcarts, horse-drawn vehicles or other trailers without electric lighting.

The mounting kit included other parts, but they are usually mounted on the trailer.

You may find two small numbers on the side of the storm cap for the exact dating of the lantern.

• This is an original, optionally available side bracket for mounting on handcarts, horse-drawn vehicles or other trailers without electric lighting.

The mounting kit included other parts, but they are usually mounted on the trailer.

You may find two small numbers on the side of the storm cap for the exact dating of the lantern.

Where should I look for those numbers on the sturmkappe?

• The numbers shown on this side attachment are indicating that it will fit /be suitable for all these Feuerhand lanterns: 175, 225, 275, 375 (of course it fits on your 276 as well)

N.B. if you are able to understand german in writing,in this thread the dating discussion on Sturmkappe types shows several indicators.

Feuerhand Sturmkappen

Grüße

Andy

Fiat Lux !

• This version of the side holder is a pre-war model that was obviously mounted later on this post-war lantern.

Presumably the lantern replaced an older model which no longer functioned.

• This version of the side holder is a pre-war model that was obviously mounted later on this post-war lantern.

Presumably the lantern replaced an older model which no longer functioned.

If the numbers on the mount the model numbers are, we can certainly say it isn't original on this lamp.

So your statement could be right there.

• The numbers shown on this side attachment are indicating that it will fit /be suitable for all these Feuerhand lanterns: 175, 225, 275, 375 (of course it fits on your 276 as well)

N.B. if you are able to understand german in writing,in this thread the dating discussion on Sturmkappe types shows several indicators.

Feuerhand Sturmkappen

With some concentration I can read German, but not as great as English. I will check that link. Thx for your info!

• Unfortunately I don't find any numbers.

It could be a lantern produced without numbers there.

So i would like to correct the date to from after 1959 and before 1965.

If you like to know details why, so write me and i try to translate it in english

(i'll need some time, because it's a little difficult for me ;-))

Steven

Poe: ah. o.k., du warst etwas schneller ...

• Hi Steven,

you don't have to translate it for me! I can read Deutsch, but i can't write it that good/fast. So if you want to tell me in German I would be happy!

• Hallo rwojcik,

sodann,

bis 1959 wqr die Form des Halteblechs (siehe Foto) für den Zugring geringfügig anders.

Deswegen die Datierung auf nach 1959.

Ab 1965 gab es bereits die Nummernprägung im Falz der Sturmkappe.

Daher Datierung auf vor 1965.

Das ganze natürlich nur basierend auf dem bescheidenen Stand meiner Aufzeichnungen,

die Lücken enthalten können, und nach bestem Wissen und Gewissen.

Grüße - Steven

• Ganz oben und klar! Vielen Dank für Ihre klare Erklärung.

Ein genaues Datum ist für mich ebenfalls nicht erforderlich. Aber es ist schön, einen Hinweis zu haben.

Super danke!

Gr Robin

• Oh, and thx for the advise on the Sturmkappe notation.

I've got also a red FH 276 StK 70 with yellow glass.

If I look at the bottom of it, it was original yellow. I will check later what the year is, but on your statements of the markings on the sturmkappe and the link I got from Netzwerk, this must be is an Baustellenlampen from the 70's.

Ja, das kann hinkommen, entsprechend den Ausführungen in dem Link von Netzwerk.

Wenn du bei der Lampe mal an den Falz der Sturmkappe schaust, sollten da Zahlen eingeprägt sein.

Dort steht zum Beispiel 9 5, Monat über Jahr. In diesem Beispiel also September 1975.

• Moin zusammen!

Ich habe eben das erste Foto aus Post #9 gespiegelt, weil ich doch meine, es zeigt eine Prägung an der Falz: 1 - 8 (ohne Gewähr!)

Von den Prägungen der 276er Sturmkappen weiß ich, daß sie wahrscheinlich in den 1970er Jahren eingeschlagen wurden. Daß dies bereits ab 1965 geschehen sein soll, lese ich hier zum ersten Mal. (Wie soll da auch die Datierung 1965 ggü. 1975 unterscheidbar sein?!)

Ein, zwei Sturmkappen der letzten Baureihe (ohne Zusatzprägung "DBP..." und mit 8 großen Luftlöchern im Kamin) hatte ich bereits in Händen, wo eben diese Datumsprägung fehlte. Das waren für mich dann Laternen aus der Bauzeit 1956 bis 1969.

Im Moment sind in meiner Sammlung "nur" vier 276er STK übriggeblieben: zwei DBP-Modelle und zwei spätere (3-5 und 1-1-9).

Auffällig zwischen den älteren und neueren Exemplaren ist auch die Breite der Falzung oben an der Sturmkappe (die älteren sind deutlich schmaler).

Steven:

Was du da auf deinem Foto markiert hast, ist nicht der Zugring, sondern ein Blech zum Einhängen des Zugrings.

Ich habe eben beide Modellformen nebeneinander gehalten: der "alte" Zugring ist größer, die Oberkante ist gerade. Beim neueren Modell ist der Zugring durchgehend rundlich und etwas kleiner.

Micha.

>> Es kommt oftmals anders, wenn man denkt. <<