Petrolea flat-wick kero Camp Stove

• Hi All, greetings from Istanbul.

I recently spotted a Petrolea vintage kerosene camp stove here at a local antiques shop, and I wanted to get your input on the history of these items. In which period would you put these stoves? Post WW2? For me, I'm seeing such a portable stove for the first time and it seemed very interesting to me... Haven't been able to find much info about these online, are they Dutch? I'm also wondering whether it's missing the cast iron grill on top, where you would put the kettle or pot?

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks

Kerem

• While many kettles work with a survival stove, other camping kettles may require a separate stove. However, if you like to go natural, you can use stones or make a DIY fire ring with metal or steel available on website. Once, you have got a sturdy stove you will need some tinder or kindling to build the fire.
    I bought a full-size Coleman propane burner years ago, but it's WAY too large for backpacking. I've now used a burner (very small pots of maybe 10-12 oz. per pot). You ABSOLUTELY have to make sure that the burner is on a flat and stable surface, but it's to be expected.