Old Luxor Mantle proves thatself!

• Hi to all on this forum , I was walking through a little forest with two of my children and a friend in the night , our way lit by my ex German -Army Petromax which i was carrying on a pole , the lantern then swung against a tree and fell to the ground ....landed upside down , hard enough to buckle and bend the hood.... The (papiertuete) Luxor mantle did not break !!!! Also the Schott glass did not break and the Lamtern , which were burning panel-wipe a kind of white gas/reinbenzine continued to burn well....This is the first time i remember a mantle survive this kind of shock .... i am very much impressed by the quality of this kind of LUXOR mantle.....

Here are some pictures.....No photo description available.No photo description available.

Mit Bestem,gruss
    Rer.I.Rer., Der Schotte.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Rer Isi Rer () aus folgendem Grund: images expired!

• :applaudit:

Congratulations!

There was a lot of luck in the game for the mantle

I also think, that LUXOR is not bad for the money.

:)

Gruss aus dem "Bayerischen Nizza"
    Rüdiger II.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    So ist das halt mit dem Licht: Mal brennt es und mal brennt es nicht ...
    ALLE haben immer gesagt: DAS GEHT NICHT.
    Dann kam EINER, der wußte nix davon und HAT'S einfach GEMACHT.

| In der Theorie gibt es keinen Unterschied zwischen Theorie und Praxis, in der Praxis schon. |

• Hey , Willi.... the lantern fell from about head or chest height ater knocking into that tree.... as you say that is impressive sturdyness ....., Poe i doubt if i shall attempt to recreate those conditions again .... even for statistics, i shall though attempt to see how many more hours i can get out of that mantle.... RxR

Mit Bestem,gruss
    Rer.I.Rer., Der Schotte.