Ezee pump device

• Hi all,

I have been using the Ezee pump device on one of my lamps for a while now (must get another one for my other lamp as they are so good!) but I’ve been wondering whether it would be a good idea (or not) to remove the pump valve that sits in the bottom of the font / tank as it seems a little incongruous to have two valves in situ when one (on the Ezee pump device) would probably do. Does it actually matter that the pump tube fills with fuel? Any thoughts anyone?

Kindest regards,

Cabinboy.

• Hi all,

Found the reason to keep the pump valve in the bottom of the tank with the Ezee pump device, if you don’t then fuel squirts out of the Ezee pump device when you screw on the pump - not nice!!

• Many thanks Willi, with regards to diesel fuel, and yes I have to admit I should have known better with Ezee pump device, wisdom does not always come with age! I just never thought it through enough! Ok, enough said!

I have tried cleaning a carburettor with a Bowden cable with little luck. Any thoughts?

Kind regards,

Cabinboy

• You can heat complete carburator with a blow torch or similar up to bright red heat and then immediately cool down with ice water.

It may be necessary to repeat this cycle 2 or 3 times.

This process will normally crack the carbonised layer inside .

This method is used by some users very often with success.

BR

Andy

Grüße

Andy

Fiat Lux !

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Netzwerk ()

• Hi Andy,

Many thanks, I will give this a go, I do still have a carburettor (full of carbon) to try out on.

Kind regards

John