I have 3 lamps (2 HK 500 and one HK 350)
I got them from various places at various times. (one was in a very very sorry state)
However, so far i have run into numerious problems, and i still have to find out what causes the problems, or what i do wrong. Over the last 2.5 years I have opened and fiddled with them numerious times, and got them each time back in running condition (eaven including resoldering the preheater to the tank), however, each time i take them with me on a weekend, one or more gets broken. I think however the answer may lie in one off these questions? Sorry if some off these questions sounds stupid, but i have to ask to be sure and don't know good where else to ask them.
- Can anyone tell me what diffrences there are between a 350 and a 500? I think I have swapped parts mistakenly ( I thought i had all the same lamps):S As far as i can tell from the site, the only diffrence is the nozzle, needle and mantle. Is this correct?? i'd expect there to be more diffrences.
- Is there a diffrence in wich petroleum to use? Is the one they sell in gas stations good enough? Does it degrade over time? Can this cause leaking seals?
- How sensiteve are these lamps to transport? (I have two metal bundeswher transport boxes (still searching for a 3rd one) Can this cause leaks?
- Can i store these for a long time with petroleum still in the tank?
- How sensiteve are these lamps to dust/humidity,.. etc in the air?
- To what lenght should i adjust the Conducting rod? (104-500)
- There is a small screw/blade on the mixing tube (33-500) What direction should this face?
- In wich pressure range do you guys keep your lamps?
- Is there anything else that has to be calibrated apart from the gap in part 117-500?
- How long should i expect a mantle to last?
- how do double hole mantles work?
- Is there anything else i might do wrong?
Sorry to bother you guys with these stupid questions but I'd love to hear anything so i can keep my lamps burning.