• Hi forum here is my latest score, it ist a Primus 821 benzene lotlampen/blowtorch.

It has the letters 9X stamped on the tank, Primus often dated there stoves blowtorches with a letter for the year, the letter X indicates 1933

The two pictures below is how the lotlampen arrived, I have all ready dismantled it ready for restoration, there will be more pictures in the week as I carry out the restoration.

• Hi Wen, danke for the compliment.

I have stripped down so far, the filler cap washer is made of cork, and so is the pump valve pip. both have dried up so they need to be replaced with Viton rubber.

I will repaint the steel handle, as there is some light surface rust, but I am not sure about the brass work good advice Wen on the patina I may leave it as it is.

All the verry best from essex uk :gaehn:

• I've clean lamps and blowtorches only if it's useful, my Barthel Missler isn't clean up, to get it work it's needs only a new viton pump valve and white gas/ benzene. After preheating the blowtorche runns. Sometimes less is more! :naughty:

Allzeit Gut Pfad
    Grischa

• Here are a few more pictures of the Primus 821 restoration, all cork seals the filler cap pump valve washer have been replaced with Viton rubber.

The Wick in the burner pick up tube has been replaced, the old wick and wire was really stuck in the tube and I could not pull it out so I had to very carefully drill out the old wick and rusted wire.
    I made a new wick from strands of cotton from a floor mop, and replaced the old steel wire that the wick is attached to with a new brass 1mm wire.

The steel handle has been repainted, as this had some surface rust on, all so the control knob/wheel has been painted, the valve spindle gland has been packed with graphite tape.

I will upload some more pictures of the 821 working may be tomorrow.

• Hallo Brian - old blowtorch refrecher,
    ever and anon a great pleasure to see your reanimated blowtorches in yor 'hall of fame'.
    Today we remember an old song that seems to fit very well to our mood while regarding your pictures.

"That's the way Ilike it - äh hä äh hä, ..."

Compliments and keep it up
    :done::welcome:

Freundliche Grüße aus Bad Münstereifel
    Kiki und Karly

• Hi Kiki und Karli many kind thanks for your complements.

It ist a nice feeling when we bring back to life our blowtorches lanterns and stoves, that have not been used in many years seeing them doing the job they were made for.

• Hi Brian.
    We had the German Coleman collectors meet on a campground last week. It was a good success again and beside many lamps and lanterns Gregor brought a monster (!!!) blowtorch. :stark:
    It was so big that it had to be preheated with a smaller one, something like your torch. :D
    I know several collectors made pictures and hopefully someonew will include them here for everyone to see and compare. :P
    That was an impressing thing and I'm sure you'd like it as well! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Greetings, Erwin.

Gut goahn ut Westfoalen.
    Erwin, de' ColeMan :rauch:

• Hallo Erwin that sounds a great collector's meet, I am very pleased it was a success for you all.

It would be brilliant if Gregor or any other collector who took some pics would upload them, those monster blowtorches are so interesting seeing them in flame.

• Hallo Erwin danke fur showing the pictures, I have two blowtorches very similar to the ones in your pic,.

The smaller one I have is a Barthel and the large monster is a Monitor, my Barthel gives a impressive flame and has a very loud roar, but the large monitor is in a different league with the size of the flame.

Here are some pics of my two similar lotlampens.