• Now I got my parts, so I fitted them and started to heat the lamp.

To my surprise, the fuel started flowing when the vapouriser got hot.

I think the rod must have expanded and opened the valve, so I will adjust it.

Also when it was running it seemed like too much fuel was coming, the flames came right through the mantle.

I will adjust the height of the mixing tube and see if it makes a difference.

• Hi coffinman, try to use one more charge of spirit or go on using the "rapid starter" a little longer to preheat the lantern - it will start without flames out of the mantle ;)

Good luck,
    Jürgen

Mancher will von der Lampe den Rost abputzen, scheuert aber nur das Metall weg und der Rost bleibt sitzen.
    Zitat: Quelle unbekannt

• Okay.

So I adjusted the rods, changed the jet (I think the apature was wrong (crap Anchor one, I wonter if Pmax will fit and is better quality?),crushed one needle and got one that worked.

This time I started the lamp and it lit properly.

I noticed a lot of heat at the tap.

Half frosted glass, I looked under and saw a hole straight through the bottom of the mantle, and a rocket jet blowing down.

Other than that the mantle was burning well, but I don't know how it would have looked without that hole.

I turned it off and worried for my glass.

The tap didn't shut it off this time, I had to release pressure, but it was very hot, so maybe rod adjustment is still ok.

I am waiting for it to cool to try another mantle.

I wonder if this is just a rubbish brand mantle? It comes from German place that makes Anchor globes.

I will try one more of these, then if that blows I have only one Coleman mantle I will try that.

I think that only the jet (nipple) controls the pressure?

My last resort will be to send for another jet and see if that fixes it. Do you think a Pmax jet will fit the Anchor vaporiser?