• hi can anyone help me i have recently bought a lamp and filters and lots of other bits in a military style box i think there are a few items missing, there are no instructions and the parts list on lid is in german, the lamp works with white spirit but not very bright, can any one hep with a list of componants, how it goes together,and where i can get any missing replacement parts cheers maddog

• Hello Maddog,

:welcome: here.

Based on Your discription of the lathern, I think it is an Petromax (or Geniol) 829 500HK. Is this written on the plate at the lathern?

The drawings are linked here: exploded view and assembling drawing

And an other usefull manual ist:
    a technical description on how to perform a complete cleaning and restoration of a PETROMAX 829 500

The componets with its numbers are listed in the shop.

Gruß Rüdiger [iogear1]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Erst eine PX500 BW, jetzt Ʃ14805HK + Ʃ39,7kW + Ʃ173''.... mol seehn wat noch kimmt :whistling:

• i have found a picture on lampenralle post, it is a einheit exactly the same as picture have you any information on this cheers maddog

• Hi Maddog,

your lamp(-box) was made from the 1950ies until the mid sixties for german army,
    it contains several varieties of lightmethods to compare with the main lamp, as you mentioned the whitegas/kerosene-wicklamp, there are also two varieties of candlelamps, and an acethylene-lamp.
    There is a Download-Link inside the arcive, here... still in german, but with pictures.
    Hope this will help a bit:

Anleitung BW Einheitslaterne

Best regards, Björn

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!