• Zitat

Original von Doron Papo
    now we would like to see it burning :D

Hi Doron,

Altough the lantern obviously needs to have yet more restoration (it seems that my soldering work was not as superb as I thought, as it apparently reduced but did not end minor leaking from the bottom), I could not avoiud the temptation to have a test run when I got suitable mantles. You can see the result below :)

I also bought a new nipple and a needle (meant for Px 250HK, as there were none availabe with the original 200HK spec), no problem fitting the needle but it appears that the nipple is slightly too wide to fit comfortably in the carburettor (did not want to force it violently). So I had to do this with the old and maybe quite worn nipple.

What else is not yet satisfactory: The lantern lit nicely after burning one very full cup of alcohol (about 2 min pre-heating). After a short time I noticed that altough the mantle glows fine, there's a more visible glowing aura around it compared to other lanterns I've seen. Not actually flames pushing through, but I guess it is pretty close to that. I suspect that for one reason or other, there are too much petrol fumes rushing into the mantle.

I noticed also a small flame that busted couple of times from under the large screw that connects the carburettor ("vaporizer upper part") from the bottom to the pipe with the needle wheel assembly ("vaporzer lower part"), altough I tightened it quite firmly. The light output of thee lantern dimmed during some minutes of test burn, probably because of these leaks, nevertheless it was a rewarding experience to see the old lady in its' glory, even if not for long time.