Extending the foreign section???

• Dear Members

The idea of the foreign section seems to work. We want to extent the foreign section.

We are not sure what under sections are needed. We think to build it up a bit like the German system.

-help for lanterns
    -Cooker and stoves
    -babble section
    -collectors section
    -Wick lanterns

and so on. Do you have any ideas for under sections? Any ideas are welcome!!!

Your pelam Team.

• Hi
    As one of the Foreign Forum users I suggest start with the basics and go from there
    you need to pick up some user before making it much bigger
    As it seems most trafic here is in german (I am missing a lot because I cant read it)
    any way thanks for the Foreign Forum and keep up the good work
    By the way
    Jonas thanks for the partsbecause of them My First Petromax is alive and burning

Doron Papo

• Hello Doron

Congratulations to your running Petromax. :stark: Is the second nipple already there? That was fast!!! Much faster than shipping it in a box!

When we build up this Portal we integrated a language variable. That means that the Portal is in English when you click on the English flag.

We thought that the foreign members would write in the normal sections. A few did, but most of them refused to write in, because most of the threads where in German. Even if they started to write in English one day it turned into German.

A few weeks ago while a guy from English was signing himself in to become a member, we came up with the idea to build up an English section.

Most of the German members are able to write English even quite good English.

We think now if we should delete the language variables in the German under sections, because they only confuse foreign members.

Instead of this we will try to build up the foreign section.

You are right that we have to do this carefully; otherwise we will have a lot of empty English sections. But if I look back a few month back it was the same situation in the German sections, on the 15th of March this year the first entry was written, now we have more than 8000. Let’s hope that it works like this in the English section as well.

Jonas

ps: have you any ideas for basics...

• Hi Doron,
    please don't be afraid to ask, if any thread sounds interesting for you and you can't follow in german.
    We can translate it, maybe with a little delay.

By the way, where are you from? :prost:

Your name sounds Spanish?

See you :user:

Orthotiger

• Hi Jonas
    Well the nipple did not arrive yet :( but I used the older one
    The main problem were the lead seals and the packing and for some reason the internal valve rod was partly missing
    So I fixed it up and its working good :prost:
    This was a good first experience with a Petromax
    I was a Coleman only man till now but the petromax open a new interest for me hope to find more
    As for ides for the forum - what you menthioned is a good start
    Happy to be one of the first who use it

Orthotiger - well my mane may sound Spanish but its not :)
    well I am from Israel

• Okay,

so it's a little more away from germany than spain .

My cousin lived there for some years but now they moved to germany back again because of the jobs.

I hope you don't have to pay 2$ for 1 litre of petroleum there as I have to do ;(

See you

Christian

• Oh I forgot to ask:

How do you find a Petromax?

Do you have a fan community or is was/is it used at your "Israel red cross" or the army like in Germany or some other institutions?

Ciao

Christian

• Hi

I Pay about 1$ for kerosene and about $1.5 for white gas (Coleman fuel)
    Finding lanterns here is very difficult and mainly in flee markets (and we don't have a lot of those)
    There are many original sources for the lanterns as I met many types such as Coleman,Petromax,Aida, Vapalux
    Some came here from England when the English government was here some came with the German templers and some were imported over the years
    either for camping or for other uses

• Hi Steelkingdom,
    if you have not many fleemarkets, you should go to the portal of an big auction house, which is called 3-2-1- my.
    There you can easily found a lot of them, even in Germany and the US. The shipping and handling from D is not so expensive.

• Hi steelkingdom,
    here in the forum, is not possible. Send me your privat mail adress, by PM is even not possible. But you
    must understand the rules and position from forum. There is a shop included and they should have to earn money.

• Joren
    You are right and I am sorry - I didnt intend to break any of the forum rules
    And I might say that when looking for Petromax parts Pelam is my first option
    As for my privet e-mail it is listed if you click my nickname (in the user description page)
    Thank you and sorry

• Hi steelkingdom,
    nop therefor you have the feature, that you are an new user, even sometimes others don't watch the rules,
    but this is solved by our selfes, so that we don't need any remembering by the admins... :D