Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Kontrollzentrum

Statistik

• Mitglieder: 6074
  • Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Tele-Funker

Geburtstage

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Pelam Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

brian1967

Lampenspezialist

• »brian1967« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Beruf: truck driver

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 27. Januar 2012, 19:55

Graphite tape for gland packing

Hi every some time last week i started a thread over on CCS about some graphite yarn i purchased to stuff the glands on a few petrol blow lamps i am restoring,even though this yarn works a fellow member has used it as well and said it does not last very long so it is not suitable,after a few discussions on it Markus on here who is all so a member on CCS recomended this graphite tape he uses and gave the web site. the owner Peter Bendel in Germany i contacted Peter via a email even though i can not speak any German i got a very nice email from Peter a realy nice man who was so help full so i purchased some of his graphite tape which the quality is superb and very cheap to buy i am going to replace the graphite yarn in my blowlmaps with this and will now be able to finish my Max Sievert APH petrol/benzin blowlamp,

Here is a pic of the tape i purchased from Peter and you can see what a super quality it is
»brian1967« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • P1010003.gif
  • P1010003.gif
All the verry best from essex uk :gaehn:

Russenjesus

Reinkarnation Ehrich & Graetz

Beruf: CNC-Dreher

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 27. Januar 2012, 20:11

Hello Brian,
on the next photo´s we want to see the Sievert Blow Lamp burning:-)) Nice to hear that i could help you.

RJ
Benzinkocher

"Alle Tage sind zwar gleich lang, aber unterschiedlich breit" - Zitat: Wolfgang Neuss

brian1967

Lampenspezialist

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 27. Januar 2012, 20:18

Hi Markus i have just fitted the packing to the gland and it looks 100% like the real thing made for that torch it realy is a brilliant product,a very big thank you to you for telling me about it and to Peter when it is finished i will show the whole restoration and of it working i am just waiting on some viton washers for the filler cap

Orthotiger

Lampenspezialist

Beruf: Arzt

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 12. März 2012, 20:44

Hi Brian,

i don't know if my english is good enough, but if I understood you right, I can give you the tip to use Teflon (ptfe)-band for sealing. Here in Germany it's available in every home improvement store for a few bucks and good for any plumber work. It's resistant to most temperatures and lasts an average period of 4000 years - enough for a good restored Petromax pressure lamp :D .
See you

Orthotiger

brian1967

Lampenspezialist

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 13. März 2012, 15:48

Hi Orthotiger your English is perfect i am surprised that Ptfe would be good in a stove/lantern/and blowtorch i did not think ptfe could resist high tempretures,but is it a special ptfe as the standard ptfe sold here in the UK what plumbers use for joints ,can not resist high tempretures

Orthotiger

Lampenspezialist

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 26. März 2012, 20:43

Hi Brian,
you don't need any special ptfe-band, 'cause the standard PTFE-material can permanentely (!) sustain ra. 260°C, which is enough for any sealing at the carburetor or the parts below the gas mantle.
I just bought a regular plumber band and it works perfect. And I think that the part of the band wrapped around the thread (or wreath?) seals is and can even take higher temperatures then - because it is inside the threat.

See you

Christian

Orthotiger

Lampenspezialist

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 27. März 2012, 11:17

Oh, by the way, i forgot that for the nozzle windings you can put some "cream" for car exhaust pipes on, it is called "Gun Gum" and sustains 1000°C, as far as I'm concerned.

I hope this will help you.

See ya

Christian

Counter:

Hits heute: 15 778 | Hits gestern: 19 967 | Hits Tagesrekord: 78 709 | Hits gesamt: 26 062 160