Yes time for bed... :naughty: :frau: :love: :kotz:

OCD.. Obsessive Coleman Disorder 8o

• Is this wondering you?

We are here in Germany and every body is talking here in German

Try this forum

www. classicpressurelamps.com

IMMER EINS MEHR WIE DUU , :po:

• Hi Fox,

don't worry, there are some quiet days, more or less, where nothing is going to happen in the german part, too.
    Karli is right, there are several only english-speaking forums in the web, what does not say that you're not welcome here!
    In deed it is good to have someone bringing more life to the international part. :prost:
    (you`re welcome to post in the german-speaking section, like our dutch, spanish or many other language-speaking members, also.)

Most germans are very bad in speaking or writing english.
    I've got no idea why, as english comes easy to me thy more I speak or write (I make a lot of mistakes, still)- but i never got the french language, even Latin was more easy to me then french. ?(

In my oppinion it is great to see the international exchange of lamps and lanterns.
    The collectors in germany are getting more and more UK-Lamps, and in UK there is a growing number of Petromax-users, too. I would call that an exchange of former science and tecnology.
    ( historically "Made in Germany" markings should have declassed german export-products as lower quality to the british product per Law. It didn't work in 1900 :D )

So feel free to post in all parts of this forum, most users are kind and polite, trying to use their last parts of school-english to help, but would never have enough valor to post in the english section.
    If you can accept sentences like "there stand me the hair to mountain" or "how you me so I you" ...without your ears bleeding, than you have not to stay alone :aua:

Until soon and best regards, Björn

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!

• Karli

Yes it is "wondering" me!...I am quite aware that this forum is indigenous to Germany in terms of language etc...So why take the trouble to have an English speaking section???...I am a member of many forums in the US and Europe...I do not need directions as to where they might be!

After all, who best to ask questions/advice about Petromax/or pressure lamps in general than the Germans!!...the home of pressure lamps to a large degree is it not.??

The post was forwarded as a joke....Peer understood it...Why???...its called a sense of humor! :rolleyes:

• Hi Bjorn

Long time no speak....Yes I understand that it is quite some days...the post was just a joke..Your kind self and Peer understood it ...but I had to try and explain the word humor to Karli :rolleyes: ..I am in many English speaking forums but I do like returning to the Germans now and then...no one else knows more about pressure lanterns than Germans!! ..Correct ? :)

• We do so? ummm maybe? :D

But developed were the first ones in Sweden I guess...
    Petromax was patented in 1911, Hasag bought 1902 a swedish patent for pressure-Lamps... so maybe the swedish do know more? :besserwisser:

As you 've seen, there are some "geeks" in every forum, don't argue about.
    And as internet isn't face-to-face-talking, sometimes writing can be missunderstood,
    for mimic and gesture is missing. That is why I do place that many smilies :user:

until soon, Björn

God created men.

• Bjorn

German's might not have been the first but I believe that ye have embraced it more in your culture and hobbies..

Yes I will use more of these :)..Maybe I was to hard on Karli :whistling: ...sorry Karli :naughty:

• Hello,

I think it's good, the fox has opened this "new" theme :prost: .
    Must be fun because life is serious enough :besserwisser: .

I think every user should write in the forum here.
    Whether in English or German!

And it's good to know that even English-speaking members are here in the forum.
    I was told how to eBay.uk helped by an English collector :hail: .
    Otherwise the STAR No.. 333 never ended up with me :welcome: .

greeting

Peer

Hier die deutsche Übersetzung :rofl: :rofl: ....

Hallo,

ich finde es gut, das fox dieses "neue" Thema aufgemacht hat.
    Spass muss sein, denn das Leben ist ernst genug.

Ich finde jeder Benutzer darf hier im Forum schreiben.
    Ob in Deutsch oder Englisch !!

Und es ist gut zu wissen das auch Englisch sprachige Mitglieder hier im Forum sind.
    Mir wurde wie gesagt auf eBay.uk durch einen englischen Sammler geholfen.
    Sonst wäre die STAR No. 333 nie bei mir gelandet.

Gruß

Peer

• Greetings Mr Peer :done:

I have be doing some :megaphon: since you were here last :whistling: :naughty:

Peer I have some questions to ask you about the River Trail, if that is OK ?...I will try and upload a picture later..Having problems with generator assembly..lots of smoke, flames. I smell like kero in the house :frau: :rofl:
    The generator section that is in the fuel tank does not look like the picture that you posted!! ?(

• The vaporizer I mean (Lower section) :rolleyes:

• Hello fox,

Always ask her with yours :user: .

If I have time, I'll ask you, to know what I can give you further answer :juggle: .
    My :frau: likes the indoor lamps.
    This hardly smell and make you warm.

The picture shows a Hugo Schneider warlight - Kriegslicht (made around 1910 !! ).
    As fuel is alcohol :hicks: (Spiritus) . And illuminated with a mantle.

friendly greetings

Peer

• Hallo Peer

Ich werde Licht der River Trail heute Abend und sehen was passiert ... Ich werde berichten über diese Operation :D

Das ist eine sehr schöne Lampe ... es aussehen würde, in mein Haus schön :whistling:

My German is good..no?? :naughty:

• umm.... sounds like "You want buy rose?"

Google translator or Babelfish? :tongue:

My wife has an excellent taste of what is a beautiful indoor-lamp (but likes her Optimus 1200, too)
    She prefers kosmos-lamps, as matador-type lamps are a little bit too complicated for her taste - but she could handle, too. We both do not like Aladdin-lamps, in fact it is their proportion what we both do dislike....

I think, she had about fife or six lamps before our wedding, afterwards she told me, all my lamps are 50% hers now... 8o hmmm ... no wedding-contract...
    But she shares all my spleens and hobbies, so I think I chosed the right one... ;)

Until soon, Björn

God created men.

• Bjorn

This is very serious you need to get a contract signed :rofl: My X wife took everything ...even the dog :frau: :traurig: :thumbsup: it was worth it!!..I do not like Aladdin-lamps either....all parts of them.

Yes your are lucky she shares this interest....its half the battle!...My new Mrs (A 1983 model) is much more at ease with my Bizarre interests and collecting habits... :thumbsup: BUT i still made her sign some paper :naughty: ...

• oops.... don't made me afraid ...
    By the way, she could read this, too, as she is registrated user here :D
    Propably she will read this and laugh loudly about this thread.. and will give a face-contract to me on weekend :rauch:

Beste Grüße, Björn

God created men.