East German BAT Stove

• Hello folks!

New to the forum and have a question for you...I recently purchased an East German BAT Stove that looks similar to the BAT 3 in the photo. The stove came completely disassembled with no instructions on how to put it together. I also believe there MAY be one or two parts of it missing and I didn't want to try to assemble it without finding out first.

Does anyone have a diagram describing it's assembly, or a parts list for it? Also, did these BAT stoves have a good reputation, were they reliable? I've read on a couple of forums where some of these types of stoves were notorious for the support rods breaking off, where they were soldered to the tank.

All replies would be appreciated.

• Hey...
    It isn't that big problem...
    You have got the Basin. On top of it there is a pipe fitted, above that there has to be a seal, than the cup and another seal atop of it. And then the burner. In the pump there is a valve which can be screwed out.
    That's all.
    To set it under fire you schoul fill kerosene into the Basin (3/4 full).
    Than you should fill alcohol into the cup and ignit it, do it twice and when it nearly burned down you shoul pump pressure into the basin...
    And then enjoy coocking.
    Regards Sebastian

Der nur nen bisschen Licht beim Fliegen haben möchte! ;)

• Hi OU.

If you aren't sure about the parts have a look here. That should give you an idea about the noise burner and the silent burner (Check under "Ersatzteile", below the table).
    Good Luck. :done:

Gut goahn ut Westfoalen.
    Erwin, de' ColeMan :rauch:

• Zitat

Originally posted by Der ColeMan
    Hi OU.

If you aren't sure about the parts have a look here. That should give you an idea about the noise burner and the silent burner (Check under "Ersatzteile", below the table).
    Good Luck. :done:

Okay...so this brings me to another question---is the tube (see Pelam Stove Connection tube photo) that threads into the top of the tank supposed to have a filter screen in it, to keep trash (that may be in the tank) from getting up to the jet/nipple? The tube on mine does not have a screen in it, if so.

• Hi.
    I've checked some sites but there was no hint about a filter screen.... :( I assume it's supposed to be properly maintained and filled with clean fuel only :done:

Gut goahn ut Westfoalen.
    Erwin, de' ColeMan :rauch: