Compatability with Anchor

• Hello everybody.

I have an Anchor 500CP that never worked properly from the beginning.

It was great for the time it burned properly, but the rubber from the tank valve kept coming unseated.

I solved that by putting a nick in the edge of its housing, but the top had overheated and the air screw fused, and then the mantle sooted up and broke so I turned it off, but the globe broke on cooldown.

Now I think I can sort it out and improve it by using some petromax parts.

I read here already that the thread on the mixing tube is different, but if I use Petromax mixing chamber and nozzle then that is not an issue.

I would be extremely grateful if anyone can confirm the compatability of the following parts with my Anchor 500 CP:

Mixing tube.

Globe.

Mantle support.

Pump piston (O-ring).

EZ pump fitting.

Needle.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Hi

Yep they will all fit...I have an anchor also that drove me insane :aua: ....I put so many parts into it I prob would have been better off to buy a Petromax :rofl:

OCD.. Obsessive Coleman Disorder 8o

• to my knowledge the diameter of the globe/glass of the Anchor is a bit smaller than the one of Petromax.

There is a dealer of Seanchor Lamps in Germany who offers globes for both types. pls google anchorlampen.de . Links not allowed in this forum.

br
    willi

Demut tät' uns allen gut.