• Hi All

This tilley arrived to me this morning is superb condition :bounce: ...Bought on the bay for 20pounds...It was a bit of a lucky bag as the e bay pic was not the best....with very little cleaning it turned out like new!...the wick in the pre- heater has never been used and vent is in perfect condition...looks like all the paper work is there also..box is in pretty good shape too!!...Not sure about the date!?...Brian, hopefully you can advise on this??...

OCD.. Obsessive Coleman Disorder 8o

• Danke, Danke....yes she is a beauty...Now I must not buy anymore lanterns!! :frau: :frau: :love:

• Martin

I would like to send them to you but the German weather is to aggressive for these fine lanterns!! It is to far away from the gulf stream :po: :naughty:
    Everything is now growing in Ireland ..but everything in Germany is dead from frost :krank: :krank: :rofl:

• Hi Peer

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My Wife says " :frau: :frau: :frau: :frau: :frau: :frau: "

This is ok because I have trained my ears not to listen to the noise that comes from a woman :naughty:

Yes I am Lantern sick...I need help!! :aua: :aua:

• Hey Michael, surely no wife could object to such a beautiful lantern, even more so seeing the great price, but we must run the risk at times :frau: :frau: :frau: to have such pleasure, :party: :party: enjoy Michael, :D regards Frank.

• Hey Frank

Women are bizarre creatures at the best of times! :rolleyes: :frau: :frau: :rofl: I just dont listen to them anymore :rofl: sure is a nice little tilley....wont be firing this one up...shelf queen..

Hey Michael, surely no wife could object to such a beautiful lantern, even more so seeing the great price, but we must run the risk at times :frau: :frau: :frau: to have such pleasure, :party: :party: enjoy Michael, :D regards Frank.

• Hi Fox congratulations on a out standing score your guardsman is in prestine condition and unfired and with all its accesories complete,it is a miracle you paid only 20pounds for it i have seen just the brown hood in used condition sell for 25pounds,
    The 246 guardsman is the best of the 246 series if you do decide to fire her up you will agree and love this lantern, there usualy a date stamp at the bottom of the tank (the last two numbers of the serial number)indicates the date of manufacture looking at the lamps over on CPL tghis looks like it was made between 1954-57 has it got a decal transfer on the side of the tank or has it got the tilley logo and name stamped into the tank,once again fox well done there you realy have got a bargain and a brilliant lamp

All the verry best from essex uk :gaehn:

• Hi Brian

Thanks for the tip...no decal transfer..Tilley stamp on tank....The bay pic was poor so just took a chance! :bounce: ..date stamp reads 51260

Its a fine tilley for sure...even came with a little tilley dipstick ...If I wasnt bad enough with my Coleman habit I am now sucked into English Lanterns....In a whole pile of bother now!!!! :frau: :frau: Have been told I am missing the bug screen....I found a guy with one, its gold in color and in two parts it seems that is held together with a type of spring clip job....the correct one????

Hi Fox congratulations on a out standing score your guardsman is in prestine condition and unfired and with all its accesories complete,it is a miracle you paid only 20pounds for it i have seen just the brown hood in used condition sell for 25pounds,
    The 246 guardsman is the best of the 246 series if you do decide to fire her up you will agree and love this lantern, there usualy a date stamp at the bottom of the tank (the last two numbers of the serial number)indicates the date of manufacture looking at the lamps over on CPL tghis looks like it was made between 1954-57 has it got a decal transfer on the side of the tank or has it got the tilley logo and name stamped into the tank,once again fox well done there you realy have got a bargain and a brilliant lamp

• Martin

You are very welcome :prost: :whistling: or I will sell this one for a very small price at 200eur 8o :naughty: and I'll even throw in some Shamrock!!!

• Hi Fox you are welcome your Tilley is a 1960 model it is younger than i thought in 196,1 Tilley brought out the 246A model which looks all most identical, but the frame legs that conect to the tank are not straight, they bend in a bit, and they started to make the pump control valve out of alli instead of brass and the hood is black enaammel

All the verry best from essex uk :gaehn:

• hi fox
    that is my. had come rather down.
    hood was through-rusted.
    the tank in rust-red painted.
    pump broken.
    the black hood is buys in addition.
    greeting uli