• This tilley arrived yesterday 1973 with box and all the trimmings :bounce: :bounce: .I really like this lantern...brighter than the valalux..unless there is something wrong with the Vapalux ^^ ...

Brian, thanks for the info....its working much better now but I ordered the service kit for it...The main pump seal seems a little hard and pump leather a little worn...

OCD.. Obsessive Coleman Disorder 8o

• Hi Michael, that's a great looking Tilley, is the pump brass or Aluminum, occasionally i have come across one with a brass pump,love the gold tank :thumbsup: enjoy your new baby, Frank

• Hi Frank

pump is aluminium...not as good as the brass for sure...very bright lamp...well happy with it...I have a problem tho...If I buy a lantern and like it, I always want a second one....I'm banning myself off e bay for a while or Ill be homeless. :rofl: :frau: :frau: :frau: :frau:

• Hi Fox very nice indeed and for nearly 40 years old in superb condition the paint on the tanks is superb and so is the chrome cage.proberbly had very little use and stored indoors.

All the verry best from essex uk :gaehn:

• Brian

the vent is pretty sharp too...and the box is like new....This one didnt spend anytime in a damp shed I'd say....have to say I'm very impressed with tilley....I'll order another one some time whe the Mrs is not looking!! :frau: :rofl:

• I wasn't aware that some of them were made in N. Ireland...until saw the stamp on box

• Hi Fox Tilley opened a factory in about 1915 in Hendon London and moved to Belfast in 1960 and stayed there for 40 years untill 2000 when they moved back to the south of England,the most sought after lamps among collectors were the ones made in Hendon as with most things in life made over 50 years ago were made to last and were not as plain in design,

What i like about the earlier Tilley lamps is the tanks had a nicer shape and they were stronger made and the pumps and control valve were made of brass which were better and looked better than the ali made parts

All the verry best from essex uk :gaehn: