Max Sievert APH

• Hi every one i have lately been wanting a Max Sievert 223 type petrol/Benzine blowtorch,and late last week i won a Max Sievert APH Blowtorch on ebay for only £2.55 plus postage quite a bargain and it arrived yesterday,

I am not sure what the difference is in the APH and the 223 except the tank is a little bit bigger on the APH, and i dont know why this model is marked as APH and not by numbers IE 223 etc, i have stripped it down to fully restore it as it is in a very dirty condition as all the seals need to be replaced, i will not go to far in to detail at this stage as i will be adding a full set of pics on the restoration in the lottlampe section,

• Hi Peer the restoration is comming on well,i have only seen a few German made blowtorches here in the uk as they are quite rare here they are mainly British made or Sweedish i have seen a few of the very small G Bathel spirit or benzine blowtorches that do not have a regulator, but i am very impressed with the build quality and there performance looking at the pics of them in the lottlampe section they realy give a very powerfull hot flame

All the verry best from essex uk :gaehn:

• Hi Brian,

Gustav Barthel and Ernst Haehnel have made good blow torches.
    Old Barthel and Haehnel blow torches are in Germany in high demand.
    Some are traded very expensive :juggle: .
    Old antique German blowtorches are all over the world demand.

Best greetings

Peer

• Hi Peer i am not surprised they are in so much demand and fetch a good price being as they are a realy good quality and are built to last and they work superbly and they are a little different in design than other european torches that makes them more interesting

All the verry best from essex uk :gaehn: