River trail cleaned up!

• Hi All

River trail arrived at last!!! :D

Small!!!..must be a 150cp???

OCD.. Obsessive Coleman Disorder 8o

• Hi Guys

Its a 150cp then....thanks for info...I think a coleman 21mantle will be ok??..The burner screen is set very high up by generator..a very small mantle will look stupid in there :rolleyes:

Peer...It was very clean when it arrived...I just had to buff it up a little.. :whistling: I have a 242c coming next week 1946 with original globe...vent is good but some paint missing from fount..not much...I think I will strip the fount back to the brass....Some people do not like this...good idea or bad??...I dont want it to look like a hooker when its finished either :D

• Hello Michael,

a beautiful 242c :thumbup: !

I would not settle the color. As bad as the color still looks not.

You must see that the lampe already a bit old (1946 !!!).
    We are also getting older and wrinkles :aua: .

Otherwise, the lamp looks like maybe a hooker :rofl: :rofl: :kotz: .

Regards

Peer from
    Saxony / Germany

• Yes I think you are correct,,I will clean it only...All colemans a very nice but this Coleman fuel is very Expensive!! ;(

Have you ever used unleaded instead of Coleman fuel...??

• Hi,

I use my Petromax lamps of the petrol filling station.
    This petrol with which we fill up the car too.

I also think the coleman lamps work with petrol filling station of the.

There were many coleman lamps used in the military.
    I do not think the for these lamps an "original coleman petrol" gas station was on site :juggle: .

Greeting

Peer

• Petrol in the petromax??..does it burn the gaskets/seals??..It is possible to change the gaskets but if you had lots of lanterns this would be a big job!

I will have to think of something to use..Colman fuel is to expensive!!

• Hi Mike.
    Some collectors have converted their lanterns to burn gasoline. I've done that with a brass PX150CP because it then runs much cooler and doesn't tarnish the ventilator blueish compared to running with kerosene which burns much hotter! However, you have to change the gaskets to gasoline-resistant ones (Viton). Check with Ernst from Switzerland here in the forum.
    I run all my "standard" Coleman lamps and lanterns for which I can get reasonably priced replacement generators with gas from the pump. I don't run them in the house for safety reasons (additives in fuel, waste gas, smell etc.). Pump gas will clog the generator faster due to the build-up of carbon residue.
    I use specially cleaned white gas from The Netherlands (Wasbenzin) for the older and/or more special lamps and lanterns. Hope, that helps.

Gut goahn ut Westfoalen.
    Erwin, de' ColeMan :rauch:

• Hi

Thank you, yes that helps a lot...My coleman 220's need CF fuel...but is it ok to use Naptha??? etc...it is a lot cheaper...It is 11eur here for 1lt of CF fuel :cursing:

Some help with river trail lantern please!...When i turn the fuel wheel to the off position I still have fuel leaking from generator at needle...I fitted a new needle etc but no joy...Is it a problem at lower part of the gen at fount??...the fuel valve must be still allowing fuel into generator when in off position??

• I think I got it sorted :rolleyes:

• Hello,

River Trail at your lantern into the carburetor defective foot valve.

Since no use is a new needle. The needle is to clean the nozzle.

The needle seals the nozzle out.

You have to dismantle the carburetor and replace the valve below the carburetor.
    But this is not a big problem.

I have installed in my lamps that glow with petrol, VITON seals.
    VITON is petrol resistant.

I have my seals from Switzerland.
    Simply google: prela.ch
    That is Ernst Frei :hail: .

greeting

Peer

• Hi peer

Thank you...will follow your instructions.. :done:

I have no time for my work with all this lantern business :rolleyes:

• Peer, thank you for pics

I will strip it down...cheers