pelam petroleum

• Hello, good evening from Spain.

anyone can tell me why it is not recommended to use "Pelam Petroleum" indoors? Can not be used in wick lamps or kosmos burner flat wick burners? The reason is just for the smell, or is there another reason?

I used Petromax Alkan, but does not work well in wick lamps in my Petromax HK500 works well, but not wick.
    I hope your help.

Best regards,
    Jose

• Good evening Jose,

i just looked at the technical infomration. The reason is, that the "Pelam Petroleum" has more toxical ingredients like
    benzene (Benzol), toluene (Toluol) and xylene (Xylol) than "Petromax Alkan" and should be used out of this outdoors.

A huge amount of the users here use cheap petroleum, this is mostly like "Pelam Petroleum". But you have to know what you do. If the wickburners and lamps like Petromax smell, they don't burn the fuel very well and need an other kind of oil.

I hope this help you.

Gruß Rüdiger [iogear1]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Erst eine PX500 BW, jetzt Ʃ14805HK + Ʃ39,7kW + Ʃ173''.... mol seehn wat noch kimmt :whistling: