"genuine" Aida production ?

• I see Aida for sale on eBay - they look like the current crop of chinese lanterns (butterfly etc). ie: too shiny, thin metal, cheaper plastic knobs on the pump etc.

Does anyone know when production of the "genuine" Aidas ended ?

Are the current Aida's made in China ?

Thanks, Dan

• Dan,
    To the best of my knowledge there are no reproduction Aida lanterns. So what you see on Ebay , if it is an Aida , is the real deal. Aida lanterns are a very well made German lantern of extreme good quality. If the lantern has a very shiney nickle finish then i would say that it is extremely well preserved. The Aida is equal to the quality of the vintage german made Petromax lantern and was also made in Germany . While it is true that their are a lot of cheaper copy cat lanterns out there that are low quality Petromax look alikes, i can assure you that he Aida is not one of them. If i am wrong then i am sure that one of the mere experienced members will step in and correct me. and by the way, which model of Aida were you looking at?

Christop

• Zitat

Original von Christop
    Dan,
    To the best of my knowledge there are no reproduction Aida lanterns. So what you see on Ebay , if it is an Aida , is the real deal. Aida lanterns are a very well made German lantern of extreme good quality. If the lantern has a very shiney nickle finish then i would say that it is extremely well preserved. The Aida is equal to the quality of the vintage german made Petromax lantern and was also made in Germany . While it is true that their are a lot of cheaper copy cat lanterns out there that are low quality Petromax look alikes, i can assure you that he Aida is not one of them. If i am wrong then i am sure that one of the mere experienced members will step in and correct me. and by the way, which model of Aida were you looking at?

Christop

Thanks for the reply !

I'm probably looking for a 1500 record - some 500cp lantern.

I'm glad to know that there are no "knockoff" Aidas ! - I do see quite a few on eBay that look very new. the chrome shines like new and some even have the original packing boxes - so i assumed they were recent production.

Thanks Again, Dan

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von danielzink ()

• Dan,
    The Aida Express 1500 Record is an excellant German lantern. You would be very pleased with this lantern. The output is 500CP and The quality is phenominal. you would not go wrong getting one of these.

Christop

• Hello Again !

I am about to come into possesion of this lantern.

I have a couple of questions.

#1. on the tag under "express" it doesn't say "record" or any other such nomenclature.

#2. The lantern is so "shiny" it makes me wonder about the reproduction comments from above. Maybe I'm just getting lucky and getting a lantern in fabulous shape - but it just seems "too shiny"....

Comments ? please ?

aida1.JPG
    aida2.JPG
    aida3.JPG
    aida4.JPG

Thanks, Dan

• Hi Dan,

I bought a lantern like this on an Market last weekend.
    Mine was never used before. I cleaned it al little and it looks like an new one, but ist is produced in 1963.
    So I think, you are as lucky as me to get a lantern like this one.

sincerly, Arne

Burn baby, burn!

• Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry to say, but nope, this is a lantern from the 1970'ies Fa. Heinze-Geniol-Production, probably produced in Portugal for export.

Heinze was producing under the name Geniol for Germany, Hipolito and Aida for export- but this is a good lantern, not that often to get, and never in that good condition, congratulations. :done:

Best regards, Björn

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!