Optimus 1550

• Hi, I am new here, I am Ton from Holland excuse me when my English is not that good now and then.
    I am having some trouble with the quick lighter on an Optimus 1550.
    I had removed the whole quick lighter from the tank, then I removed the thin pipe with the small filter below because it was full with dirt. I found some material where the small pipe was screwed in the "head", like sealent. I have cleaned the small pipe in and out but when I screw it on again there seems to be no way there up to pass the fuel. I can screw the small pipe all the way up and so locking the opening.

What do I do wrong?

Ton.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von vissertw ()

• Good morning Martin.

I have a different model, I tried to make a picture:

I hope you can see mine is different, and I have only one hole, the spot looking black, slightly above that hole is some sort of hole, but not open, as if someone began to drill a hole and then stopped. Right on top is a little spot sticking out.
    I am working on it for days now but I can only find one hole, the black spot, the lower one.
    The pipe with the little filter is oppen as well as the lock you can see on the left side of the picture wich is screwed on afterwards.

Thanks for helping anyway,

Ton.

• Good morning Willi, that makes no difference. My pressure gauge is not working but i have tried to make the quick starter work with 10 pumps, 10 pumps extra, 25 pumps more but no luck.
    When I open the quick starter there is plenty of mixture an so long I hold a small hobby burner besides the foot of the quick starter the mixture is burning but when I take away the hobby burner I have no flame, only mixture.

Ton.

• Hello Ton! :welcome:

If your mixture looks like a fine aerosol it should work. The flame goes out, if the mixture is to fat (to much fuel) or the pressure is to high.

Regards, Gerald

Die wahren Lebenskünstler sind bereits glücklich, wenn sie nicht unglücklich sind. (Jean Anouilh)

• Congratulations.

Buy a new pressure gauge here in pelam shop.

Try again at different pressure levels. Increment by 0,5 bar per attempt.

Identify and memorize by what pressure the torch works best.

Some work only at 0,5 , other need 2 bar.
    Regards Willi

Demut tät' uns allen gut.

• Hi again.

I have got another lamp now, but the same number, 1550.
    I have finished cleaning the lamp, set a new pump valve, and a new vaporizer valve.
    But I ran out of needles, now I wonder can the lamp function without a needle?
    And another question, the filter I found wrapped around the upper part of the vaporizer, is it original from the beginning and is it necessary to put it back again?

Thanks,

Ton.