Petromax 821/250 CP Super

• Hello everyone,

I just bought a Petromax 821/250 CP Super from a flea market. I found some strewn info searching in internet, but I would receive detailed one (I don't know so much about) even in order to best fix it.

Someone of you can kindly help me?

Kind regards,
    Marco

P.s. in attachment photos

Dateien

• selection.pdf

(111,3 kB, 126 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
    • selection2.pdf

(118,61 kB, 99 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
    • selection3.pdf

(135,37 kB, 100 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • Hi Andy!

thanks so much for your reply.
    I didn't check it out, I'll do that.

I like this lamp everyday more!! Should be a 1960's lamp of 200watts, is it right?!

cheers,
    Marco

• Ciao Marco,
    as a ballpark figure you may roughly calculate: 1 CP (or HK) = 0,77 Watts.....compared to a filament bulb. This refers to the light output only.
    The thermal power is much higher, the light output is only below 10% of the fuel power due to the low efficency.

Cordialmente saluti

Andy

Grüße

Andy

Fiat Lux !

• Ciao Andy,

before to dissamble the lamp, i tried to turn it on:

the leather washer for pump pistol is completely ruined, for sure I have to change it.

Moreover, I noticed that the eccentric & handwheel spin freely when the union nut is screwed in or it makes a light doble twitch when the union nut is unscrewed:

what does it mean?! should I change the eccentric shaft?

Before I shop from the website I would buy all necessary tools to fix it....!

Grazie!

Marco

• Same to me. I can imagine it what you mean a bit but not for sure.
    As an alternative take the drawing with the parts showm and describe it by using the numbers allocated to each part. Then everybody will understand clearly which part you mean.

BR
    Andy

Grüße

Andy

Fiat Lux !

• ok, let's try this, I just numbered the parts:

1 - union nut
    2 - handwheel

I hope it helps, or I'll try in another way!

Grazie!!

Dateien

• selection.pdf

(118,67 kB, 85 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • b.t.w. In the spare parts drawing handwheel is no. 111 and nut no. 113

If you unscrew the nozzle no.50, you can see the the needle no.68.
    If you turn the handwheel, the needle should move up and downwards, then the excenter is working.
    Adujstment of excenter rod is correct, when the tip of the needle will come out from the nozzle approx. 1..2 mm when handwheel is in upright position. The nut 113 should be tightened so that no kerosene is dripping out and the handwheel can be moved without heavy resistance.

Again,read the link shown in post no.2 and have a look at the drawings shown in the spareparts section of this shop.
    Regards
    Andy

Grüße

Andy

Fiat Lux !

• Salve ragazzi,

....it works, I unscrewed the nozzle and saw that needle moves!

so I have just to change the leather washer for the pump.....I already ordered it!
    There is something more I sholud know or check?!

Grazie
    I'll let you know

Marco