Petromax 834 Nozzle

• Hi,

I have a Petromax 834 that has a broken nozzle.
    I understand that 834 nozzle is a special size.
    Where can I find a replacement?
    Can both the nozzle and the holder be replaced with a more commonly found lantern type?

Regards,
    James.

• That is the clay burner. The nozzle is sitting on the carburator. I don't know where you could get one, but someone will help you.

Allzeit Gut Pfad
    Grischa

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Wen1g ()

• Hi, James!

It could be possible, that a ceramic nozzle of a contemporary Petromax, Hipolito or Geniol (250 cp) lantern fits.
    If not, it will fit a nozzle of a Ditmar 506 Lantern. (hard to find)

Maybe you can ask a lathe operator for manufacturing a new mixing chamber (and nozzle?) made of brass?

Best regards, Gerald

Die wahren Lebenskünstler sind bereits glücklich, wenn sie nicht unglücklich sind. (Jean Anouilh)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von HerrLehmann ()

• and once again... a nozzle(= Düse) is the ting that´s sitting on the carburator(= Vergaser) that Picture shows the broken clay burner with the mixing chamber

Allzeit Gut Pfad
    Grischa

• I´ ve check it twice...
    ich hab bei Leo.org und google übersetzter nachgeguckt und nozzle heißt definitiv Düse. da das ja nicht die Düse ist, kann das zu iritation führen... oder schaffst du das den Tonbrenner in den Vergaser einzuschrauben?

Allzeit Gut Pfad
    Grischa

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Wen1g ()

• und um die Verwirrung noch zu vergrössern ..im technischen Englisch wird eine Düse auch gerne als „orifice" übersetzt. Was aber auch mehrfach belegt ist und von Öffnung bis Drosselklappe so einiges heissen kann. In der Aerosoltechnik ist es aber die Düse.
    Und da es sich bei einer PX um ein Aerosoltechnik nutzendes Gerät handelt würde ich hier auch die Düse als nozzle bzw. orifice benennen.
    CU Bernd