Geniol 250 straight vaporiser

• Hello all - I am a new member and this is my first post.

I recently bought one of the sets of the Swiss Military Geniol lamps, originally intended for gas. I have thoroughly cleaned, refurbished and re-sealed one of these, and when the proper helical part 152 arrives I will convert it fully to Kerosene. My question is about the existing part 152 upper vaporiser.

I discovered inside of it a section of formed screen near the top just below the nozzle. Is this normal for a gas-burning upper vaporiser or since these were supposedly converted to burn kerosene, or is it part of the conversion? I have not seen this screen mentioned anywhere in any of the materials I've read online.

I have not yet tried the existing setup with gas.

Thank you in advance

• So die gebildete Bildschirm ist ein normaler Teil des geraden Benzin oberen Verdampfer.

ich danke Ihnen!

Alan

• The upper part of the vaporizer is a special part for the lanterns from the swiss army. The formed-screen is a special part too. But there are more special parts for burning gasoline, because the normal rubber from the kerosine lamps will be damaged by gasoline. So You need a special viton-rubber. For burning gasoline, the part no. 193 has to be in very good condition.
    The swiss lanterns working very nice with gasoline.

If you will burning kerosine, it ist able too with the swiss part no. 152 without the ring on the top. In german we call this part "Universalvergaser", because it is working with gasoline and kerosene. The only difference by burning with kerosene is, that You have to heat up the lamp at two times before starting. For burning kerosene You don't have to replace the formed-screen. The part no. 152 is a very rare part for the 250 lantern, because it is sold out by the most partsellers.

• Thank you for that information! Last night I tried out this lantern for the first time using Coleman fuel. It worked perfectly! Very bright and white, no leaks, smooth output. I poured that fuel out and replaced with kerosene but did not have much luck then. The color was orange and much flame outside of the mantle, all around. The mantle stayed intact but the burn was not smooth and some sooting.

Are there other adjustments (jet, needle or other) that need to be made to the lantern when switching between these two fuels?

When I receive my helix vaporiser this lantern will be set up for kerosene only but I am experimenting in the meantime.

• A follow-up to this thread I started. I have ordered parts from all over, where I needed to get them, for spares to be used at a later date and to service/rebuild the second of these two Geniol 250's. I have used viton in the second one because it will remain for use with gasoline. Right now, both of these lanterns are stunning while running on white gas. I am very much impressed.

I really appreciate the various suppliers for the many parts I have gathered. One of these is a helical vaporizer which I will eventually place in service with the first lantern which does not have viton seals. I will post a new follow-up at that time.

And thanks for the support and help I have received here at this forum so far!