Peer Kaiser!!!

• Peer

I replaced the vaporizer valve on the river trail 150cp and that has sorted the fuel leak at needle....BUT I still have lots of flames :cursing:...lots of fuel getting to mantle....Should i just buy the vaporizer lower section????? :huh:

LOTS OF FLAMES :naughty:

OCD.. Obsessive Coleman Disorder 8o

• Hi Fox,

I am not Peer, but maybe I could help, too?
    Looks like the valve does not work properly, maybe the spring is too weak or the valve-internal scatches on the thread.
    Also possible is, that the lower vaporizer rod, the brass-rod to open/close the valve, may be too long and needs to be shortened/readjusted a bit.

Just my two cents, best regards, Björn :done:

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!

• Hi bjorn

The open/close valve does feel a little sloppy..When I turn the valve and if I dont turn it past half way it wants to turn back to the closed position by itself a little...shorten???...will investigate and report back :)...thank you Sir..

Hi Fox,

I am not Peer, but maybe I could help, too?
    Looks like the valve does not work properly, maybe the spring is too weak or the valve-internal scatches on the thread.
    Also possible is, that the lower vaporizer rod, the brass-rod to open/close the valve, may be too long and needs to be shortened/readjusted a bit.

Just my two cents, best regards, Björn :done:

• Hello Michael,

no, you do not have to buy a new carburetor in part.
    The 150s are just bitchy and sometimes do not.
    If you run the lamp with petrol you must install it in the gasifier shell, nor brass gauze. That means the carb stuff. Because otherwise the lamp flickers. Have you looked up whether a 150-nozzle is installed?

best greetings

Peer

• Hi peer

I will post a pic tomorrow of the vaporizer because I am not that well educated with these lanterns...The nozzle does look like 150cp...but lots of raw fuel passes through.... :huh: :rolleyes:

The new vaporized valve is a little different than the one I removed...maybe this does not matter??.. :whistling:

• Hello Michael,

the new carburetor valves fit properly.

It would be nice if I could look at your 150s directly from me.
    Unfortunately the way up to you too far.

I also have a 150-lamp. At the beginning I had problems to start the lamp :wallbash: .
    After some work it lights up quite well.
    Now I'm putting the lamp in order to operate with the spirit :besserwisser: .

greeting

Peer

• Peer

Yes.. paraffin is to expensive now for lanterns and it burns the lantern vent :cursing: ...but petrol is not cheap now also :S ..I have now stopped using CF fuel and I am using Panel wipe/Napatha instead...have you ever used clean burning kerosene/grade A kerosene in a lantern ????

• Hello Michael,

Paraffin oil is expensive, you're right. Gasoline is cheaper for us than petroleum.
    I use in my very lanterns simple (petroleum) kerosene or unleaded regular gasoline.
    Here Petroleum costs € 2 per liter.
    Gasoline costs 1.50 € per liter.

Greetings from Germany

Peer

• Peer

2eur for
    petroleum 8o

unleaded regular gasoline 1.47eur

petroleum 1.50eur

Coleman Fuel 12eur = 1lt :kotz:

Panel Wipe (Naptha) 28eur = 5lt a little better but not enough to have a song and dance about it :rofl:

Kerosene 97c per lt....I will try this in my lantern tonight :naughty:

• peer

I used Grade A kerosene in one of the lanterns....not my petromax but a clone ( Anchor from Germany..Mansmenn?? )

It is running very well if not better than the paraffin :huh: 8o

Grade A kerosene is 97c a litre.... :thumbsup:

Maybe they will be long term issues burning kero in the lantern??...if so it still might be cheaper to run on this grade A kero and I might have to change the vaporizer sooner?...

Bjorn whats are your thoughts on this??

• Hello Michael,

as far as me looking for kerosene aircraft fuel in Germany.
    Since one can not simply pushing so.
    But I think it works in your kerosene lantern.
    In Germany some diesel use in their lamps.
    I do not do that.
    I use petroleum, gasoline or alcohol (Spiritus).

What is kerosene with you?

The picture is a Geniol 150th The lamp is lit with spirit (Spiritus).

friendly greetings

Peer

• Peer

That is a beautiful lantern :respekt:

Kerosene??..Is a less filtered than paraffin and is used for home heating burners...I am not sure of what chemicals are in kerosene that are not in Paraffin,,,I'm sure Bjorn might be able to tell me this. :besserwisser:

• Hello Michael,

Kerosene (a light petroleum, Greek Keros: wax, in Switzerland, called kerosene) aviation fuels are different specifications, which are mainly used as fuel for gas turbine engines of jet and turboprop aircraft and helicopters (jet fuel). With the development of specific, appropriate aviation diesel engines, such as the Thielert Centurion 1.7, since the beginning of the 21st Century and equipped in such a small aircraft will be operated with kerosene (Wikipedia) :besserwisser: .

PS: Yes, the little lamp lit with no problems :hail: .

friendly greetings

Peer

• :muede:

:rofl: :respekt: :D

Peer danke..

Whatever it is it burns nice in my lantern :thumbsup: :nacht:

• Hehe, what may I say, if almost everything is said? :D

I just might add, that a Petromax is not interested in the difference between Kerosene, paraffinoil or liquid fire starter.

Only the seals of Petromax or cheaper asian clones like Mannesmann, Westfalia, Anchor, or whatever
    their fake-name would be, are not resistant to gasoline (unimportant which sort of.)

So be careful and change to Vitton-Rubber-seals soon, just to protect you and your property from harm and fire.

That's all I could add.
    Best regards, Björn

God created men.
    Sam Colt made them equal!

• Hi all,

I agree with Björn.
    If you are the Petromax clones with petrol or replace all gaskets are running :grenade: .
    Viton seals are petrol resistant :besserwisser: .
    I have replaced the seals in my lamp against Viton :rauch: .
    As the Coleman lamps are manufactured for use with petrol there are petrol-resistant seals.

regards

Peer

• Peer, Bjorn

Danke...yes viton gaskets :thumbup:

But it is good news that I can burn kerosene instead of paraffin 8o

Paraffin is to expensive now.....happy days!! :thumbsup:

I wont be using Standard unleaded petrol because it is the same cost as paraffin :besserwisser:

Kerosene all the way!!! :whistling:

• I hate this 150cp RIVER TRAIL/PETROMAX :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :cursing:

Flames Flames and more flames...I can not fix it X(