The right way to store pressure lamps

• Cold wheather is coming in my town, and stayng in the garden playng with my lamps & stoves is becoming unconfortable. I use them only outdoors, so after a summer of cleaning, changhing and tryng with fun, it's time to put them at rest in the best way.
    I'm a newcomer in this collection, so as usual I need opinions.
    I suppose I have to empty all fountains, and after this , the question is:
    Should the fountains and the ducts ( carburettor etc.) washed with some solvent to clean them? I've worked a lot of time to remove black tarnish from the inside of my lamps, and the idea that next spring I have to do it again, is a nightmare!
    All suggestions about this argument are welcome!
    From Italy: Carlo Bianconi

• Hello Carlo,

my opinion is also to use the lamps during winter :D I use my lamps all the year either the petrol lamps or the lamps for unleaded gas. If you don´t like the smell of petrolio and you want to use your petromax indoor you can modify it easily to burn with white spirit. There is a adapter for white spirit/methanol burning in the pelam shop I didn´t find it in the english shop but in the german shop it is called Spritus adapter
    Here the link to the picture of it http://www.starklichtlampe.de/german/images/ezsp.jpg
    And here the link to the shop
    http://www.starklichtlampe.de/german/assets/s2dmain.html?http://www.starklichtlampe.de/german/index2.html</a>
    So you can run your px indoor without the smell and with less sound because you don´t need so much pressure to use the lamp with white spirit. Another good effect of the lamps is that you need less energy for heating. A px 500 gives you 400 W light power and ca. 1200-1500 W heating power. Start five lamps in your room and after five minutes its warm :D
    If you decide to use them not over the winter period I would empty the fountains and perhaps you cold spoil the tank with aceton. But I think it not necessary if you fill in clear petrolio in the next spring. Petrolio needs a longer time to get that muddy constitution that needs hours and hours to get out of the fountain. Then let them dry inside in a warm place and store them dry in the cellar or something. By the way the aceton is not so good for the rubber coatings of the fountain valve. So don´t make this procedure very often/long or remount the vapourizer.

An greetings from a friend of mine who lives next to me from Berchidda to Bologna :D :prost: Salute

:bang: Burn`em :bang:
    www.burnem.de
    Wenn das letzte Killerspiel verboten, die letzte Waffe entsorgt und der letzte Fernseher verschrottet ist, werdet ihr merken, daß ihr eure Kinder trotzdem erziehen müßt.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Burnem ()

• Thank you for all the answers.
    Yes, the best way is to use them also in the winter, but in my town winter is not so dry and confortable like in Germany. Humidity is very high and the nights are often foggy. Very differnt from German climate that I know very well ( the Bavarian climate).
    The second very good idea is to convert one of my Hipolito to Alchool, I can buy isopropil alchool at a very cheap price.
    May be with this solution I can use a lamp at home without my wife kills me!
    For Burnem:
    I've contacted Tom Zuercher, and he has the broken spare parts for my Hasag 351. Bingo!
    I,ve just to find the way to offer you a beverage of your choice as promised!
    Regards
    Carlo Bianconi

• Hallo

In Winter i dont use my lamps too

i burn them until they aree empty and put a little bit of Oil into the tank an then i pump a little bit of pressure into the tank and open the carburator a short time, so that the oil can reach all parts of the carburator.

Than i spray a liitle bit of oil over the whole Lantern an put the lamp into a box in a dry and cold cellar.

I hope that i could help you.

Have a nice day.

eugen j. keusen

es grüßt freundlichst Euer Mod

Eugen J.Keusen

KEUSEN@KEUSEN.DE Das Leben ist zu kurz um sich zu ärgern, genieße jeden Tag.