welcome all foreign members

• Hello

I have seen that the forum is now in English as well. To all new foreign members:

“Welcome on this international forum”

Do not hesitate to write any questions.

(please excuse the mistakes, my native language is german :D )

greetings

Danelius

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Daniel S. ()

• Hi David

Welcome in the panel. I am sorry that it was so hard for you to get trough. If you click on your language (Flag) before the registration, you will be guided in English.

The ranks are still in german, we will change them asap into English as well. Grünschnabel means something like rookie. Have a look in the FAQ to find out more about the system.

If you find more probs. Or of you have any more questions, please send us a mail.

We are not able to translate every entry in English, but I am sure if you write a new entry in English you will get the answer in English as well.

greetings Jonas

• Hi Jonas,

I clicked on the British flag at the registration page but it just took me back to the homepage. It still does that for every page I've looked at. My German is very poor - I did try to learn some time ago but I didn't get very far so I have to use a dictionary which is very slow.

I've been to Germany twice. I liked the country and it's people very much. Maybe I'll return some day.....

David

• Hi David

Strange that should not happen!!! The entry’s done by the German members are in German. But the structure of the page must be english if you have click on the British flag.

The Translation tool is done by David Anker (lots of David’s here). I will tell him in the morning what had happened, he will work it out.

I am right now working with the English version no probs.

Where in Germany have you been? Your German can’t be so bad, all my English friends, and believe I often tried to teach them German, only know the words (Ein Bier bitte).

Greetings Jonas

ps: If you find any mistakes in my written english, keep them. 8)

• Hi Jonas,

Yes, I've got it working better now and I've been able to edit my profile. Some of the questions are still in German but no problem! I remember 'und was sind sie von Beruf?' from when I tried to learn German many years ago.

I'm from North-East England. I visited Germany in 1986 and 1987 on holiday (Urlaub?) in the Rhine Valley at St. Goarshausen. A very beautiful part of the world.

I sorted out the ranks a little, too. I think Grunschnabel is literally 'green horn' which is an American term originally meaning a calf. So 'newbie' is about right. The next one has me puzzled, Jungspund - a young 'something-or-other' - it isn't in my dictionary!!

Gute Nacht

David

David

• Hi David,

nice to have a namessake in this board. I hope you will enjoy the time here and will find a lot of tips for your lamps passion.

It would be very nice if you report problems with the english version to me by `personell messages`to improve our performance and to make everything easier for your countrymen.

As well as Jonas, I have to excuse my english expressions. ;) ;) ;)

Realität ist eine Illusion, die durch Alkoholmangel hervorgerufen wird

• You got at this time an foreign Member, because I'm still located in Michigan USA.... Temporarily... :D

• Hi Jonas and David, Don't worry - your English is a million times better than my German!! 'Ein bier bitte' is good but 'drei bier bitte' is better. Prost(?) David 8)

David

• Hi again, I see you translated the ranks into English now - so I'm to be a 'fledgling' for the next few posts. That's a quaint (kurios?) word, not much used these days, which means a young bird just getting its feathers so it hasn't flown yet. I see my dictionary was correct about Eroberer - 'conqueror' Cheers, David

David

• Hi David,

no problem with your German - mine is even poor as a Frankonian guy (the better part of Bavaria) :D.

Nice you found your way into this Forum.
    What kind of lantern do you use?

Do you have problems to buy replacement parts in GB?

See ya

Christian

(P.S. As you may see I'm american english influenced, so please forgive some low level phrases)

• 1 beer is good, 3 is better?

This man speaks my language.

I think our most important words are: Bier, Petromax, Bratwurst, Petroleum, Gemütlichkeit, Terrasse; what else do we need for a nice evening on our terrace (right word?) with some company?

Have fun

Christian

• Yo man, but what du ya drink inna States? :D

I tried lots of stuff over there - good luck there are morenmore local breweries prospering, selling Lager or other stronger stuff.

If you're Frankonian and try to get tipsy - geez that's a long and expensive eve'.
    Similar to Coffee, but there's meanwhile better stuff than Folger's.

Have you been already at ALDI over there? No kidding, it does exist in the States.

Is this your bike over there? Nice machine and I bet, you can place an Petromax 3000 on the luggage rack :D.

Carry on

Christian

• Hi Orthotiger 8),
    the best stuff i brought with me : 20 Liters Kölsch in big cans...
    For the lady 7 bottles sweet wine from good old Germany, just to
    approve to the Harly-man and women thats not only kraut is what
    from Germany good is ..... so this article could be also published in
    the rubrik of Petri Jünger.... i'm here for bringing German culture
    to the States and getting US culture (Harly) back... About the local
    micro-breweries your'e right, they really exist and offer a good stuff
    if you find one... but at the Harly bandits you find a lot of good informed
    and educated guy's, which know where to get good stuff from..
    So now i've to end, or i won't get more from my stuff....