• Hi every one here are some pics and a little explanation of my Monitor 43A benzine/gasoline petrol Lotlampen/blowtorch.This lotlampen/blowtorch was made in Birmingham UK around the late 1940's/50's .Monitor was one of the biggest manufactures in the UK of pressure stoves and blowtorches,there products were very well made and made many different types of stoves and blowtorch's.Most profesional tradesman mainly plumbers if they had a British Blowtorch it would be a Monitor or a Sweedish Primus Max Sievert etc

This Lotlampen/Blowtorch has not been lit for a long time and when it was first lit it burnt with a green flame due to the copper after 5 mins the flame turned blue the right colour,i am sorry i have written this in English as i only know a very little Deutsch

• Hi Eugen Danke the green colour was due to the copper in the brass as the blowtorch had been cleaned in and out of the tank and had never been used since untill today,the green colour soon went after 5 mins

All the verry best from essex uk :gaehn:

• Hi Eugen good morning and thank you very much,i am happy and lucky that the jet's are all i good with my small collection of benzine/petrol blowtorches,so they all work with a strong blue flame.

The problem is when one needs replacing is that they are very difficult to find a replacement as the jet are different to the paraffin/petroleum blowtorches and stoves which are easy to buy as pelam sell them on there website as well as basecamp and ebay so replacements are not a problem.

Do the german made benzine blowtorches/lotlampen jets fit the Sweedish and other European style benzine lotlampen/blowtorch? and can they still be purchased easy in Germany?and are they all standard size

• Hello, unfortunately, not all parts are interchangeable, it
    but can usually find a solution, and if there are parts
    are from an old blowtorch, which can not be repaired

Since the blow torches were produced more frequently and usually
    these were discarded as a tool rarely, there is almost
    always a way to help, but then if you have not
    ever nachfertigen a part, and if that does not work
    there is just one more blow torch for spare parts

I hope I could help a little if there are missing parts,
    just write in the exchange forum, as can often be helped

Yours sincerely,

Eugene J.keusen

es grüßt freundlichst Euer Mod

Eugen J.Keusen

KEUSEN@KEUSEN.DE Das Leben ist zu kurz um sich zu ärgern, genieße jeden Tag.

• Hi Eugen thank you for your response it has been a help i had a feeling that the jets on the benzine lotlampe were not all standard unlike the ones on the paraffin fueled lotlampe basecamp sell many obsolite parts which may all so be use full in the future